On November 13, 2012 the LWW Board held a discussion about the future of our clubhouse. From that the Board is moving ahead with funding a conceptual design. In the January 17th eBits the following was published. The entire project is estimated to cost us $5-$6 million. Please review and express your opinion by providing comments.
CONCEPTUAL DESIGN” REQUIREMENTS
Discussed at the November 13, 2012 Board Meeting
Scope of Work: (1) Build a new, single story, 15,000 square foot Clubhouse in the flat area between the original Clubhouse and the 1st tee using land now occupied by the putting green, Pro Shop and golf cart barn. Provide for 60 parking spaces for a combination of cars (including an adequate number of handicap spaces) and golf carts at the same level as the new Clubhouse.
(2) Build a new, 1,000 square foot Pro Shop in an area nearer to the 1st tee.
(3) Relocate the putting green to an area nearer to the 1st tee.
(4) Relocate the golf barn, if necessary.
(5) Build a new, single story 3,000 square foot Administrative Building
near the corner of Cottontail Way and Lake Wildwood Drive.
Timeline: (1) Have an architectural conceptual design with mock-up by June, 2013
(2) Develop a pro forma budget that utilizes reserves, CI/SA, operational efficiencies and additional sources of revenues by April, 2013
(3) Develop a funding plan that pays off any debts by 2020 by April, 2013
(4) Complete construction by 2015
Requirements: (1) Energy-efficient, low-maintenance, “green”, high-tech design and materials.
(2) Optimum flow of people, services and supplies
(3) Restaurant 25% larger than current Pine Room with adjustable portioning with associated deck and cocktail lounge.
(4) Sports Bar 50% larger than current Bar with associated outside deck.
(5) Modern kitchen with a capacity to serve up to 4,000 meals per month including food for Sports Bar.
(6) Main function room 30% larger than Cedar Room with an attached green room for storing of theater stage, props, etc.
(7) Game room for playing cards, board games, etc. and occasional meetings
(8) Conference room with soundproof dividers
(9) Adequate bathrooms for large functions